Shout out to my neighbor (and friend!), Cally, for the huge bag of delicious apples delivered direct to my door! I used them in the slow cooker to make applesauce and it turned out amazing (if I do say so myself). It was a fun recipe to also get Max involved as a my designated apple washer.
Not only is this extremely easy to prep, but it also makes the house smell amazing as it cooks. I started mine after dinner and let it cook overnight.
Apples! I’d recommend filling your slow cooker to the top since they cook down quite a bit. I only used 10 in the pictures below, but normally I use around 20.
2/3 cup of water
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (optional)
1. Wash apples! This is a good place where a toddler can help out. Max took a bite out of the apples here and there, but for the most part did a great job washing them for me.
2. Slice your apples. I leave the skin on for added fiber.
3. Throw slices in the slow cooker along with the water, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Let apples cook on low for 8 hours. I let them cook overnight. Once my slow cooker reached 8 hours it switched to ‘warming’ (here’s the slow cooker I have).
5. The sauce will be chunky, and some people like it this way. I rather have it smooth, so I transferred the sauce to my Nutri Bullet in 3 different batches and blended until smooth.
6. This batch made about 6-8 servings (see below reference for the containers I filled). I froze half of it to enjoy at a later date.
I love knowing that this apple sauce has no added sugars for my boys. If you’ve made homemade applesauce before, I’d love to hear how your recipe differs from mine in the comments!
*This post contains affiliate links
7 thoughts on “Easy Slow Cooker Applesauce Recipe”
Can't wait to try it!
I can't believe I've never thought of making our own apple sauce before. What a great idea! Easier than I thought it would be using a slow cooker. We're going to try this out for ourselves!
I was just wondering what to do with my apples. I might makes this this weekend. I might add a little xylitol to sweeten.
Can I just say what a reduction to seek out someone who actually is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know how you can bring an issue to gentle and make it important. Extra folks have to read this and perceive this aspect of the story. I cant consider youre not more in style since you undoubtedly have the gift. prestige pressure cooker
I'm not a big applesauce person, so I've never made it. However, I do like it with potato pancakes.
I’ve never made homemade applesauce before! Looks delicious and I’m sure you can use it for dessert or something else?
Your house must have smelled amazing. Thanks for the recipe. So simple yet so good!