Greenbush and Harrisville, MI are a little slice of heaven just waiting for you to experience them! Beautiful sunrises, beaches and the nicest people. Below are tips and recommendations when visiting with families!
What to pack:
- Beaches are a combination of soft sand and rocks, and change daily. One morning we will wake up and have a rocky beach, and the next day it’s sand for as far as the eye can see. Be prepared and bring water shoes! I love these water shoes for my boys, and also recommend these for Men and these for Women.
- Bring life jackets if you want to swim! We also heard that boogie boards are a good option for the waves when a bit calmer.
- Sunscreen & hats! Even when it’s very chilly the sun will get you.
- It gets chilly at night…make sure to pack long pants and a sweatshirt to stay warm and protect yourself from mosquitoes.
- Bug spray!
- If you visit in the winter, pack your snow pants and snow boots! It’s a ton of fun to hike up and down the beaches in the snow and see the ice volcanoes along the Lake Huron shore!
Where to eat:
- The Red Fork – Hands down best breakfast in area. On Sundays they feature a special benedict menu. Their kids funfetti pancakes are delicious. And you have to try their homemade white bread. And if you want a real treat, their chicken and waffle is just insane in a good way.
- Grab a cup of coffee from Alcona Coffee Co. They have wifi and an ice cream shop next door.
- Dudley’s in Oscoda is another breakfast option
- Connie’s is also a good breakfast spot about 20 min north on US 23.
- Bobcat Bar & Grille have a Sunday Brunch, this is on the Greenbush Golf Course, walking distance from our cottage.
- We highly recommend The Red Fork for dinner too. Their whitefish and cod are delicious. Also try the loaded mac & cheese.
- Alcona Brew Haus
- Harbortown Pizza – They have inconsistent hours but their pizza is great and makes for an easy dinner. Make sure to get the stuffed cheese bread.
- Shotmakers for bar food and they have live music on the weekends.
- Bobcat Bar & Grill – Recommend the Bunker Burger and spicy cheese balls.
Where to shop:
- For small things you forget (shampoo, toothpaste, etc.) Dollar General has it all. They also have a small grocery section.
- If you’re cooking at home, you can find pretty much everything you need at Harrisville Harbor Grocery
- Main street in Harrisville has a few resale shops worth checking out for fun finds and local creators.
- Three-Mile Beach in Oscoda is a few miles south of Greenbush and has a stream that runs into the lake which is fun for kids to play in.
- The Oscoda public beach has a playground and splash pad for kids.
- Village Lane Bowling alley is fun for a rainy day!
- Greenbush Golf Course
- Harrisville also has a new playground near the harbor.
- We popped into the Harrisville library and checked out a few books for the weekend. They have a drop off box so you can return at any time. They also have movies you can check out as well.
- The Harrisville Harbor has live music on Fridays
- Check out this calendar of events to see what’s going on around town.