Friday night we did a ‘mystery trip’ post nap to see the Magic of Lights at DTE Energy Theatre. The Magic of Lights is a 1.5 mile drive through holiday lights display featuring different holiday themed light displays using the latest LED technology and digital animations. This is an ideal quarantine-friendly holiday activity that is great for all ages. Pack some snacks, grab your Christmas 3D glasses and make a night of it.
The boys had fun yelling out all of the different displays. Dragons, dancing kids, Santa playing basketball, construction site, etc. There’s something for everyone. We got there around 7pm and it took is about 30 minutes from start to finish. Everyone goes really slow and halfway through there is a turnoff if you need to use the bathroom. There’s also a pull over spot towards the end where you can buckle your kids back in (if you decide to unbuckle for the show).
Magic of Lights started November 13th and will run until January 2, 2021.
Hours as follows:
- Sunday – Thursday: 5pm – 10pm
- Friday – Saturday: 5pm – 11pm
- Weekday Pass: Valid for One Weekday Use on Any Monday – Thursday. Excludes Holidays (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
- Any Day Pass: Valid for One Use on Any Day, Including Holidays (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day)
- Bus Pass: Valid for One Use on Any Day, Including Holidays (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day)
- Standard Vehicle: 3 Rows of Seating or Less
- Limo/Party Bus: 3+ Rows of Seating or Maximum of 20 Passengers
- Bus: Any Vehicle of 20+ Passengers
DTE Energy Music Theatre
33 Bob Seger Dr., Clarkston, MI 48348
Get tickets here: 313pres.co/38bGGdW
2 thoughts on “Magic of Lights at DTE Energy Theatre”
What a fun night and quarantine safe!!!
Fun! We’ll have to check this out!