Working from home, with kids, has both it’s ups and downs. The up side is, I get to see my kids more! One of the downs, is that I’m having trouble staying organized. There was something about going to the office each day for meetings and desk time that helped keep me productive and organized. Being at home every day has me feeling unorganized, probably because all of the days are blending together.
To get more organized and productive, I’ve been starting to use my Clever Fox planner for all aspects of life. I use it to plan both my work and personal weekly to do lists, weekly meal and dinner plans, and set weekly health and fitness goals for myself. I’m not sure if I could have designed it any better myself. I do loads of research before buying a new planner, and I’ve never found one that I like so much that I buy the same year over year…until this one.
I’ve gone through a lot of planners in my days, and this is hands down my favorite so far. Here’s what I love about it:
- You fill in your own dates, so you have flexibility of when you can start using it. Most planners either start Jan 1 or July 1. This one is blank and you can start whenever. Yes, it takes about 10 minutes to fill all the days in, however, I did not find it to be too tedious. In fact, my inner nerd had fun coordinating the pen color to the month (orange for October, red for December, etc.).
- I love the weekly Habits/Skills daily to do list spot. I use this to track my water intake, healthy meals and fitness goals.
- Blank notes section each week is the perfect amount of room for meal planning and a grocery list.
- There’s a reflection portion for this weeks wins and a spot where you can input goals for the next week.
You can also use this as a gratitude journal – there’s space in the beginning of the planner for self reflection and setting daily rituals for yourself.
- Several blank pages in the back for random note taking and list making. I used 2 pages for a packing list that I referenced for 3 road trips this summer.
- There’s not 1, not 2, but 3 ribbon bookmarks and an elastic band to help keep it closed.
- Each planner comes with a few sticker sheets to add some color to your weekly plans!
The only thing I would change is the binding. Although it’s extremely well made, I’m a sucker for a spiral binding.
I love that it has a ‘Goal’ section – Did you know that you are 42% more likely to achieve a goal if it’s written down*? I definitely find this to be true for myself.
I love having multiple bookmarks. One for my notes section and one for the week! Some people may like to color coordinate their pens to their planner (heard from a friend:)
Here’s a blank weekly view.
Blank monthly view you can fill in yourself. I actually don’t use this view.
If I’m trying to achieve something, I love having milestone goals set for myself to stay on track.
Gratitude and daily rituals. When work from home started I tried intermittent fasting and love it – I wrote my plan down in my daily rituals section to hold myself accountable.
I’d love to hear from you if you’ve tried the Clever Fox Planner. Please share your favorite planner tips below! Stay tuned for a giveaway coming soon….