I majorly struggle with dinner time. It’s so hard to take time to meal plan over the weekend since we are always so busy, and by the time I get home at night, I’m exhausted, and the kids are hungry.
I’ve become a huge fan of crock pot dinners, especially ones I can prep the night before. I recently tried a chicken wing recipe that turned out great. Paired with a caesar salad and it made for a fantastic meal.
My recipe is inspired by this one from Wholesome Yum. I made a few changes that makes the prep a little faster.
4lbs of chicken wings
Garlic salt & pepper
1/2 cup of butter (or 1 stick)
6 tablespoons of minced garlic
1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter (over stove or microwave)
2. Mix garlic in with butter
3. Place chicken wings in your crock pot
4. Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper over the wings
5. Pour melted butter and garlic mix over wings
6. Cook wings on HIGH for 3 hours
7. After 3.5 hours, place wings on a foil lined baking sheet and put under broiler for 5 minutes (or until crispy – keep an eye on them, they will brown fast!)
8. Remove from broiler and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
I don’t like to leave my meal prep for mornings, so I prepped this recipe in the crock pot at night, put it in the refrigerator, and then put it in the following afternoon. I LOVE my new crock pot that switches to ‘warm’ after the timer is up (highly recommend for busy moms!). I never feel like it’s overcooked even when on ‘warm’ setting for an hour. I made these again tonight and my husband said to me “I don’t know how you make these, but they are GOOD!” Even my boys loved them.
If you have other fast, busy mom recipes please share in the comments!