Ingredients for Kelly’s Homemade All Natural Baby Wipes:
- 2T Dr Bronner’s Pure-Castile soap (scented or unscented)
- 2T Witch Hazel (I use Thayers alcohol free aloe formula)
- 1/2 t Olive oil
- 10 drops or 2 capsules of Vitamin E
- 1 1/2 C of water
- 1 roll of full sheet paper towel, cut in half, width wise. I use Bounty because it’s strong. I’ve tried other cheaper brands and they just fall apart when using.
- 1 Rubbermade 15 cup/ 3.5 L sealing container. You can get them at most stores, just size it up to make sure the paper towel can fit.
- Heat water on the stove or in the microwave till it comes to a boil
- In a metal, glass, ceramic or heat safe bowl, combine Castile soap, witch hazel, olive oil and vitamin E
- Add boiling water & whisk together
- Pour over halved paper towel in container, making sure to saturate all areas of the top of the roll.
- Place lid on and wait for a couple minutes. The hot water mixture will melt the adhesive on the cardboard roll.
- Pull out cardboard roll and that should start the wipes pulling up form the inner circle.
- Castile soup – body wash for you, baby, children, the dog, anyone! Wash fruits and veggies, use as a household cleaner.
- Witch Hazel – Toner on face for anti-aging and even skin tone, treat insect bites, prevent ingrown hairs, sooth puffy eyes, stop ear infections from developing.
- Vitamin E – Use on skin to heal and prevent free radical damage, heal scars, add shine to hair.
I started making these for my son when he was an infant. He has only had a diaper rash once (when we switched to solid foods.) I do not use them for travel or in my diaper bag, as you can imagine, it’s just easier to use and transport store bought wipes in a travel pack. I also use these wipes on my face, hands and my own bum….they have many uses! Enjoy!
Do you make your own baby products? If so, please share below!
*This post contains affiliate links